Posted by Moslem 2000 on September 05, 19101 at 08:43:06:
Did Mohammed intend several times to throw himself from the tops of high mountains?
We read in "Bukhari", volume 9, book 87, Hadith number 111, narrated "Aisha":
Mohammed used to go in seclusion (the cave of) Hira where he used to worship continuously for many nights. ……. till suddenly the Truth descended upon him while he was in the cave of Hira. The angel came to him in it and asked him to read. The Prophet replied, "I do not know how to read." (The Prophet added), "The angel caught me (forcefully) and pressed me so hard that I could not bear it anymore. He then released me and again asked me to read, and I replied, "I do not know how to read," whereupon he caught me again and pressed me a second time till I could not bear it anymore…… Then Allah's Apostle returned with the Inspiration, his neck muscles twitching with terror till he entered upon Khadija and said, "Cover me! Cover me!" They covered him till his fear was over and then he said, "O Khadija, what is wrong with me?" Then he told her everything that had happened and said, 'I fear that something may happen to me."……… Khadija then accompanied him to (her cousin) Waraqa bin Naufal bin Asad bin 'Abdul 'Uzza bin Qusai. Waraqa was the son of her paternal uncle, i.e., her father's brother, who during the Pre-Islamic Period became a Christian and used to write the Arabic writing and used to write of the Gospels in Arabic as much as Allah wished him to write. He was an old man and had lost his eyesight…………. BUT AFTER A FEW DAYS WARAQA DIED AND THE DIVINE INSPIRATION WAS ALSO PAUSED FOR A WHILE AND THE PROPHET BECAME SO SAD AS WE HAVE HEARD THAT HE INTENDED SEVERAL TIMES TO THROW HIMSELF FROM THE TOPS OF HIGH MOUNTAINs and every time he went up the top of a mountain in order to throw himself down, Gabriel would appear before him and say, "O Muhammad! You are indeed Allah's Apostle in truth" whereupon his heart would become quiet and he would calm down and would return home. AND WHENEVER THE PERIOD OF THE COMING OF THE INSPIRATION USED TO BECOME LONG, HE WOULD DO AS BEFORE, BUT WHEN HE USED TO REACH THE TOP OF A MOUNTAIN, GABRIEL WOULD APPEAR BEFORE HIM AND SAY TO HIM WHAT HE HAD SAID BEFORE.
I would like to ask the Moslems:
1. Why was the Divine Inspiration paused for a while after Waraqa died he was Christian!)?
2. Many Moslems believe that Mohammed is the Holy Spirit, and I ask them: is this behavior of Mohammed typical for the Holy Spirit?
3. The real prophets did not attend to kill themselves. But the behavior of Mohammed means that he has no hope of mercy of God.
4. Mohammed should be the model and example for all Moslems. Should we encourage all Moslems who have problems to throw themselves from mountains?
5. I am so sad to read that the last prophet and the best man in the history "INTENDED SEVERAL TIMES TO THROW HIMSELF FROM THE TOPS OF HIGH MOUNTAINS". Not only one time as a small mistake, but he intended it several times! What a great prophet!
Post a Followup