Posted by Elizabeth on April 13, 19103 at 00:36:51:
Hi, I am a high school student reading Tim O'Briens novel "The Things They Carried" which is centered around the Vietnam War. As part of the unit, we are supposed to interview a Vietnam war veteran. I would greatly appreciate any replies from Vietnam War veterans.
2. Age when you entered Vietnam?
3. How did you end up in Vietnam? Were you a volunteer or a draftee?
4. Did you support or oppose the war? For what reasons?
5. Describe your postion and ranking? What responsibilities came with your specific position?
6.Describe your first impressions of Vietnamese people, the landscape, and your fellow soldiers?
7. Did you see combat? If possible, can you describe your experiences?
8. Describe what you did to remember your family and friends during your time in Vietnam?
9. Did you have any good luck charms or superstitions?
10. What did you feel when you learned the war was over, that you would be returning home?
11. Upon returning to the U.S. and American society did you immediately re-adjust to your life before the war or did you experience difficulties adjusting to American society after the war?
12. Have you read "The Things They Carried" If so what did you feel while reading the book?
Post a Followup